Orbit case 3 (COTS)
Table of Contents
The newly redesigned ORBIT case is an upgrade to the existing infrastructure. It was designed to be easily assembled from four separate pieces. The case dimensions are approximately 8”L x 9” W x 3.5”H. These dimensions were chosen so the new case would fit into the existing ceiling mounted harness. The case accepts off the shelf hardware, making it more versatile that its predecessor. It supports the mini-ITX form factor for the mother board and the flex Atx 1u form factor for the power supply. The mother board and power supply are directly mounted to the center chassis (the u channel). The rear face has a bendable tab that can be adjusted to accommodate a ½ height riser card. The disk is mounted on the front panel inside the case. The front face has a cut out to accommodate the Chassis Manager hardware which is mounted directly to the main body. Both the top and bottom walls are ventilated to allow proper air flow across the CPU. Technical drawings for production are included at the bottom in PDF format.
4 part assembly
Chassis in Harness
- case3_2_back.jpg (341.5 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.
- case3_2_front.jpg (365.9 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.
- Chassis_assembly.JPG (1.4 MB ) - added by 10 years ago.
- Chassis_carrier.JPG (1.1 MB ) - added by 10 years ago.
- 10001.PDF (98.2 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.
- 10002.PDF (126.4 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.
- 10003.PDF (82.2 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.
- 10004.PDF (96.4 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.
- 20000-1001.PDF (141.6 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.