Table of Contents
SB9 is dedicated to wired networking and cloud computing experimentation. Nodes in sandbox 9 don't have wireless interfaces.
Figure 1: SB9 Block Diagram
Sandbox 9 consists of 8 servers, each with the following specifications:
- Server model: Dell R740XD
- CPU: 2x Intel Xeon Gold 6126
- Memory: 192GB
- Disk: 256gb ssd
- Network: 2x 25gbe mellanox connect-x4 lx
- Network: 2x 100gbe mellanox connect-x5 lx (pending, shares 1x pcie3.0x16 slot)
- Network: 1x 10gbe (pending)
- Accelerator1: Nvidia V100 16gb
- Accelerator2: Xilinx Alveo U200 FPGA (2x 100gbe ethernet onboard)
They are connected to two switches:
- Dell Z9100
- Edge Core Wedge100BF-32x
- Ports: 32x 100g ports, each can break out to 2x 50, 2x 40, 4x 25, or 4x 10g ports.
- OS: Azure SONIC operating system, or OpenNetworkLinux
- Management: In band, out of band, or via onboard BMC.
Manual install of new switch os: Currently this must be done by a user with admin access. A service will be provided to automate this operation.
- download image and change symlink on repo1 at path
- Connect to BMC, and run ONIE following steps at https://github.com/opencomputeproject/OpenNetworkLinux/blob/master/docs/GettingStartedWedge.md
- For SONIC, follow https://github.com/Azure/SONiC/wiki/Quick-Start
- Set up mapping of serial lanes to ports