IPW2200 is a Linux kernel driver for Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200/2915 Network Adaptors. The Wiki pages create here are used to store extensive knowledge about IPW2200 driver and new feature developments for WINLAB developers.The official IPW2200 website has very limited useful information for new developments. This is a good starting point to learn, share and practise new implementations which could enhance MAC, PHY/Radio and other cross-layer wireless research projects of WINLAB.
Currently Supported Per Packet Statistics by the IPW2200 Driver
The following are the per packet statistics supported by intel IPW2200 driver.
- Transmit Power : The send side transmit power is appended as a send side parameter by the IPW2200 driver and is obtained by libmac as a send side parameter on the received frames.
- RSSI : RSSI is provided on a per packet basis by the IPW2200 driver. Libmac provides an interface to this parameter on a per packet basis as an appended parameter to each of the frames on the receive side.
- Noise : Noise value as provided by the hardware is reported by the driver on a per packet basis.
- Current Transmit Rate : The current transmit rate is provided as a receive side appended parameter on a per packet basis.
- Timestamp : A 64 bit timestamp value for the received frames is provided on a per packet basis by the IPW2200 driver.