Demo 2: Planet-Lab orbit integration + Virtual AP
- Virtualizing AP (VMAC)
- Integration of Planetlab - Orbit Framework
- Show four experiments running using the same channel on one AP
- Each experiment may use a different number of orbit nodes
- Each experiment connects to an orbit node
(Updated: Rajesh - Jan 30)
- Tested successfully for 1 VAP and 4 clients on 4 different networks but the same channel.
- Three Planet Lab Nodes were used in the experiment.
- One node was streamin video and the other 3 nodes were pumping data to the PL nodes using iperf.
- The testing was done with the control framework extended to the PL nodes … so the experiment was fully automated.
- The OML is working fine. The measurements for the video streaming is working.
- The OML gives problems. If OML is included in the script, the application does not start on the orbit node.
- The exact error is
ERROR:UNKNOWN_ERROR : ERROR IN "EXECUTION" in node 17-7. Could Not fetch 'http://consolec:4000/omlc/client2_vlcdest_oml'.
The Cause of the problem was found. In our expt , we are changin the default routing through ath0 rather than eth1. This is to make sure that vlc streams the video through the wireless interface. But because of this the local DNS and OML services become unreachable.
Possible sol : Define a static route for the planetlab node through ath0.
Last modified 16 years ago Last modified on Feb 5, 2007, 7:05:57 PM
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.