Notes on operating Test console:
This console has moved to :
testcons.orbit-lab.org has address 10.50.0.249 testcons.orbit-lab.org mail is handled by 10 mail.orbit-lab.org.
- SSH to outdoor
- Turn on console, look for IP address. (currently 10.40.250.4)
- SSH to console address, username native, PW: native101
- Open second window, navigate to console
- on first window, tail /var/log/syslog (look for dhcpd)
- Plug in node, watch for mac address to appear
- edit /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf, change appropriate node CM to mac address shown
- restart service (find out which one!)
- power cycle node
- turn node on from console, using FQDN (nodeX.geni.net)
- get mac address again, put in node section for same node.
- repeat for other nodes
- use omf commands to do whatever, can test all new nodes
- when Ivan returns, configure old cm for testing old nodes
Changing Nodes If OMF commands don't work, restart aggmanager.
Change MAC addresses in /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf
then restart service service isc-dhcp-server restart
Using AMT: Currently, node1.geni.net is a K with AMT enabled on the data interface.
To use, open firefox on the console, and direct it to http://10.1.2.1:16992
password: NEVER WRITE PASSWORDS ON A WEBPAGE
Reference at: http://software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/default.htm?turl=WordDocuments%2Faccessingintelamtviathewebuiinterface.htm
Last modified 9 years ago Last modified on Sep 8, 2014, 8:21:07 PM
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.