Table of Contents
The following milestones have been achieved since the ORBIT project kicked off in the last quarter of 2003.
- 3/07 - Initial support for integrated experimentation and virtualization support demonstrated at the GENI Wireless Working Group Workshop
- 3Q-06 - ORBIT infrastructure extended for vehicular experiments
- 2Q-06 - Field trial system ready for initial user trials, outdoor radio grid begins final installation and trial tests.
- 1Q-06 - 20x20 grid with mobility, etc., ready for general release.
- 11/05 - 5 general use sandboxes released. 5 more sandboxes consisting of a kernel development platform, mote development environment, and GNU Radio workbench also deployed.
- 5/05 - Installation of 20x20 radio grid in new ORBIT facility. Trial experiments and calibration tests begin. Initial userbase begin adapting their experiments for deployment on large grid
- 12/04 - 8x8 radio grid in ORBIT facility, v1.0 software, ready for initial user trials (limited emulator release)
- 7/04 - 4x4 radio grid with DARPA pilot project experiments demonstrated during NSF site visit
- 4/04 - 4x4 radio grid with new ORBIT radio node and v0.9 software (main functions implemented)
- 1/04 - 2x2 radio grid with CompuLab 586 nodes (trial hardware), API, user portal and Emulab cluster and simple network management.
- Develop a control framework for integrated wired and wireless experimentation
- Exploring various schemes to support virtualization of wireless resources