[orbit-user] Unable to SSH in

Paul Isaac Felkai pfelkai at ucmerced.edu
Thu Mar 3 21:05:54 EST 2011

Ivan,

After switching to sb1 and also attempting sb4 we were unable to run the tutorial, much less re-image the nodes.  They kept powering off and becoming unusable during the experiment process.  (The output from sb4 was identical, but had 6 nodes instead of 2).  We tried switching the nodes on and off using omf-5.2 tell, and according to the status it worked, but the output was the same regardless.

akamthe at console.sb1:~$ omf-5.2 stat
 INFO NodeHandler: init OMF Experiment Controller 5.2.408
 INFO Topology: Loading topology 'system:topo:all'.
 Testbed : sb1.orbit-lab.org
 Node n_1_1 - State: POWERON
 Node n_1_2 - State: POWERON
akamthe at console.sb1:~$
akamthe at console.sb1:~$
akamthe at console.sb1:~$
akamthe at console.sb1:~$
akamthe at console.sb1:~$
akamthe at console.sb1:~$
akamthe at console.sb1:~$ omf-5.2 exec --tutorial
 INFO NodeHandler: init OMF Experiment Controller 5.2.408
 INFO NodeHandler: init Experiment ID: sb1.orbit-lab.org_2011_03_03_20_16_19
 INFO NodeHandler: Web interface available at: http://10.11.0.10:4000
 INFO Experiment: load system:exp:stdlib
 INFO property.resetDelay: value = 210 (Fixnum)
 INFO property.resetTries: value = 1 (Fixnum)
 INFO Experiment: load test:exp:tutorial
 INFO property.tutorialName: value = "tutorial-1a" (String)
 INFO exp: Running tutorial: tutorial-1a
 INFO Experiment: load test:exp:tutorial-1a
 INFO stdlib: Waiting for nodes (Up/Down/Total): 0/2/2 - (still down:
n_1_2,n_1_1)
 INFO stdlib: Waiting for nodes (Up/Down/Total): 0/2/2 - (still down:
n_1_2,n_1_1)
 INFO stdlib: Resetting node n_1_2
 INFO stdlib: Resetting node n_1_1
 INFO stdlib: Waiting for nodes (Up/Down/Total): 0/2/2 - (still down:
n_1_2,n_1_1)
 INFO stdlib: Waiting for nodes (Up/Down/Total): 0/2/2 - (still down:
n_1_2,n_1_1)
 WARN stdlib: Giving up on node n_1_2
 WARN stdlib: Giving up on node n_1_1
 INFO stdlib: Waiting for nodes (Up/Down/Total): 0/2/2 - (still down:
n_1_2,n_1_1)
 INFO exp:
 INFO exp: -- All the defined groups are empty (they do not include any nodes)!
 INFO exp: -- Stopping the Experiment now.
 INFO Experiment: DONE!
 INFO NodeHandler: Shutting down experiment, please wait...
 INFO run: Experiment sb1.orbit-lab.org_2011_03_03_20_16_19 finished after 7:13

If you have any ideas on that, please let me know as well.
Thanks again for helping,
Paul